About Suneel's Celebrity Gala
Buffalo is home to the Suneel's Light Research Foundation – a charity that's been raising funds for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy research for over 13 years.
Recently, the foundation has witnessed tremendous gains in the treatments for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Early studies on promising treatments are finally being developed and conducted.
All that is needed to give countless boys a chance at a normal life is the funds for the clinical trials.
That's why we're hosting Suneel's Celebrity Gala -- a fun, elegant and unique evening featuring Buffalo's favorite local celebrities from TV and radio, competing against one another in ballroom dance.
Through the generous donations, ticket and vote sales, and the heroic efforts of our stars, studios, and sponsors, Suneel's Light can raise the funds for the clinical trials needed to develop treatments to save 17-year old Suneel Ram, the inspiration for the foundation, and the countless other boys who, otherwise, may not live to adulthood.
Exciting News About Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- A Patients' Group Scores a Win in Muscular Dystrophy Drug Research
- Senator Wicker’s bipartisan muscular dystrophy legislation passes committee
- Data shows Sarepta’s muscular dystrophy drug is effective
- A Mother's Mission to Save Her Sons
- Prosensa Awarded $200,000 Research Grant from PPMD
- First-Ever Patient-Initiated "Guidance for Industry" for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Submitted to FDA
- Right-to-try for the terminally ill
- FDA relents in battle against Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Once in limbo, promising Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug back on track toward approval
- DART Therapeutics Continues Clinical Development of HT-100 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Unprecedented Collection of Duchenne Experts Developing Guidance for FDA
- Prosensa Announces Regulatory Path Forward for Drisapersen as a Potential Treatment for DMD
Suneel's Celebrity Gala will be a memorable night for all participants. Below are a few details to make sure you have a wonderful evening.
- Salvatore’s Italian Garden’s Grand Ballroom will open at 6:00pm for cocktails and silent auction viewing.
- Dress is black-tie optional/semi-formal.
- Dinner selections are: Filet Mignon, Salmon with Lobster Dill Sauce and a Vegetarian Option
|6:00pm||Cocktail Hour, Silent Auction, Open Dancing|
|7:30pm||Dinner Service Begins|
|8:30pm||Dance Competition Begins|
|10:30pm||Special Dance Showcase Performance, Winner Announced, Open Dancing|
|11:30pm||Goodnight and thank you for coming!|